How To Get Rid Of Dark Spots With Home Remedies
Unwanted dark spots, scars and acne are the worst things to deal with but there are ways to lighten these spots. Here are a couple of home remedies that can be found in the kitchen to clear dark spots in just a matter of two weeks to a month.
Not may people may know that potatoes lighten dark spots. One way to use potatoes is by slicing a potato and placing it right on top of the dark spots. Leave it on for a few minutes before washing your face with warm water.
Potatoes can also be combined with honey to use as a facemask.
- A potato
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Grate the potato and mix honey with it.
- Apply it to the areas of the dark spots and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the affected area with water.
- 4 teaspoons of buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons of tomato juice
- Mix the buttermilk and the tomato juice together.
- Apply to the skin.
- Let this sit on the dark spots for 15 minutes before washing the areas.
- Pour it on a cotton ball and rub it on the dark spot for a few minutes.
- Grind half a cup of rolled oats and add the1-2 teaspoons of lemon juice so that it forms a paste.
- Scrub this paste on your skin.
- Leave it on for a15 minutes and wash it off with warm water.
I must warn you that this can be a messy mask to apply and clean up. Follow this treatment once or twice a week.
Turmeric powder is absolutely an amazing resource to lighten dark spots. Unlike the other home remedies, turmeric has to be combined with other resources. Expect fast results in as little as two weeks if it’s used daily. Here’s the first method to try
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1-2 teaspoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Mix these three ingredients together until it forms a paste that is not too thick but not too liquid-y either.
- Leave this on for 20 minutes before rising with water.
It may take a couple of rinses to fully get the residue off the dark spots like if it’s on the face. Do this routine daily for two weeks and you will see a big difference in no time.
If you don’t have milk or lemon juice in the kitchen you can also substitute it with olive oil and honey. Honey is sweet, but it lightens scars.