How To Prepare A Simple and Easy Homemade Yogurt
Tired of buying yoghurt from the shop every time? Do you want the same or even taste the homemade curd? Well I landed in the right place. You may have bought yoghurt most of the time from the store, but why do you do it when you can actually make your own yoghurt without any effort?
- You can make curd as per the quantity you require.
- You can adjust the sourness of the curd.
- No chemicals or preservatives.
- You can make low-fat yogurt or full fat yoas per your preference.
Type of curd: – The quality of the curd made depends on the quality of the curd used as a starter. If the curd you use has Gelatin in it, then more quantity of curd needs to be added as a starter meanwhile if it has less Gelatin then less quantity of curd is required.
Curd to set: – The bowl or the vessel which is used to make curd has to be placed in a casserole or a thermocol box. You may also wrap the vessel with a warm cloth or a wooden scarf and keep it inside a shelf. The vessel can also be placed in a big rice container.
- Milk as per quantity
- Curd- 1 spoon
- Container and spoon
- Take a container and add the required quantity of milk in it.
- Boil the milk and simmer it for 15 minutes on a low flame. This is required if you want to get a thick curd. While the milk is on the stove simmering, make sure you keep stirring it so that it does not get burnt.
- Once it is done, keep it aside to cool down. In case you are using refrigerated milk then use it after it attains the room temperature.
- Do not use hot milk, as the curd will coagulate the milk.
- Make sure the curd used as a starter is not sour as that will result in turning the whole curd sour.
- To the milk add 1 spoon of curd and stir well with the spoon. Cover the container and leave it to set for about 6 to 10 hours or overnight.
- The more you keep that much more the curd will sour.
- That’s it you have your homemade curd ready! Relish it in any form, plain, sweetened or use it in any recipe of your choice.