Regular exercise and physical activity are the path to great health. Exercise burns fat, lowers cholesterol, eases anxiety and stress, lets us sleep better. Exercise is the miracle cure we’ve always had, but we have forgotten to take our daily dose. Scientists have proven that being physically active can help you lead a happier and healthier life.
Exercises Fight Against Diseases
It’s medically proven that regular physical activity:
– Reduces the risk of getting heart disease and stroke.
– Helps prevent type 2 diabetes.
– Helps prevent the insidious loss of bone known as osteoporosis.
– Lowers the risk of getting colon and breast cancer up to 50%.
– Reduces the risk of developing high blood pressure.
– Reduces the risk of getting dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
– Helps build and maintain healthy bones, muscles, and joints.
– Reduces feelings of depression and anxiety.
Exercise Helps You Lose Weight
Exercise helps you prevent weight gain or helps you maintain weight loss. Anytime you engage in physical activity, you burn calories. If you don’t have time to do more exercise, get more active throughout the day-take the stairs instead of the elevator or take a long walk.
Exercise Improves Your Mood
When you need to blow off some steam after having a stressful day, go to the gym or take a 30-minute walk. Exercise releases endorphins, which create feelings of happiness and euphoria. You will also feel better about yourself and especially about your appearance when you exercise regularly. Daily exercise will boost your confidence and will definitely improve your self-esteem.
Exercise Improves Your Sleep
Have you ever struggled to fall asleep or to stay asleep? Regular physical activity helps you fall asleep faster and deepens your sleep. We recommend you not to exercise too close to bedtime because you might be too energized to fall asleep.
Exercise and physical activity are a great way to feel better, gain health benefits and have fun. So get up from your bed and start your day with a walk.
“If exercise were a pill, it would be one of the most cost-effective drugs ever invented”.